Why earn a Gamification Certificate?Is there value in earning a Gamification Certificate? Is it worth the effort? We’ve asked some CEOs, L&D, and HR professionals to share their impressions of the value of a gamification certificate. Maybe what they had to say will give you the answers you need.
“Monica and [the Sententia team] were wonderful. The course was fun and informative. They took you through a journey and explained the reasons for each step in a easy to follow format. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who would like to be on the gamification forefront.” -Donna Gintz – Training Manager, State of Arizona
“I've worked with Monica for a couple of years. She is incredibly creative and takes what I think is a run-of-the-mill idea and helps me to make it more effective and engaging. She is very good at helping people view gamification through new lenses and helping people make the most of gamification to meet their goals.” - Elaine Carr – Training & Development Manager, ICMI - International Customer Management Institute
What can it do for my career?
“This program is incredible and the tools will be invaluable to me in my career!” - Nicole Bell – Staff Development Coordinator, Austin Community College
“There is so much more to gamification than I ever knew. This course was a great eye-opening introduction, and I want to know more!” - Brandon Winston – Instructional Designer, Microassist
“Monica reminds people gamification is not solely about badges and points. She teaches the importance of understanding your audience and creating programs that meet their requirement needs. She offers suggestions for techniques you can use to engage your users and stimulate their desire to learn.” - Rebecca Wolf – Learning & Development Performance Leadership
1. Take Your Career to a New Level - Certification tells employers that you are motivated, accomplished and current in your knowledge of talent development skills. It indicates that you are actively working to maintain high standards in the field. When participate in a Gamification Certification Course, you are on your way to demonstrating that you are among the best in your field. You’ll join a select group of individuals who have made the commitment to excellence in employee engagement, process improvement, instructional design, and L&D delivery.
2. The Experts Concur: More Opportunities on the Horizon - The experts agree that opportunities in HR and L&D to apply gamification are only growing, and more opportunities may very well translate into higher pay. Trends project a continued employee engagement crisis, the arrival of Generation Z, the swell of Millennials, the departure of Boomers, and a greater emphasis placed on data projections and analytics. A certification places you in the position to demonstrate savvy in people management, creativity, and analytical skills that leaders are seeking… if not demanding.
3. Heightened Professional Recognition - A Gamification Certificate attests to experience, knowledge, ability, accomplishment, leadership and contributions to the talent development field. And, advanced designations raise the level of respect among colleagues in the talent development community. Proudly display your certifications on your social media sites and business cards.
4. Expanded Knowledge - The content of the Sententia certification curriculum was developed by world-class experts who teach, speak, and consult on the application of gamification with organizations around the world. The content of the certification curriculum has been vetted by these experts and has also been tested with a variety of practitioners and leaders in the talent development sphere. This is the best you will find out there!
Why Choose Sententia for your Gamification Certification?
“Monica is a POWERFUL presenter! I have over 20 years experience in L&D and have attended more training than most people and have to say that after attending her session all I could say was WOW! She is engaging and energetic and most importantly an excellent facilitator who ensures everyone in attendance gets the message. Monica thank you for all you do to impart your knowledge to us to help us be able to do the same!” - Rosa Espinal - Performance Development Specialist, Starwood Vacation Ownership
“I have taken Monica's gamification class levels 1 and 2 and getting ready for level 3. I have learned so much from these courses and from Monica herself. I have really appreciated how she gives feedback even when what has happened may not be the best yet. She definitely involves you as a listener and learner with stories and experiences. I have learned things about gamification that I would have said did not apply. Now I know the WHY people play games, personas, and many others.” - Jeffrey Riley – Owner, Practical Learning Concepts
5. Sententia is a global consortium of gamification professionals. We are the ONLY organization to offer three levels of Gamification Certification for Human Resource and Talent Development professionals that is recognized and approved by HRCI, SHRM, and ATD for recertification credits.
6. Hybrid Content - One of the key differentiators and unique selling proposition of the Sententia certification is the combination of courses, both online and live, with hands-on quests or project work. People learn differently and have different work/life experiences. Project work offers an opportunity to validate some of your accomplishments as a talent development professional. You will have the opportunity to showcase your creativity and analytical skills for a number of gamification projects as well as for a gamification strategy you will design and deploy in an organization. This hybrid content format is unique and valuable.
7. Feedback and Flexibility - The Sententia online certification process is designed to be flexible in many ways. You can go through the certification levels at your own pace, interact with the staff, and network with your peers who are also pursuing the certification. You can pace the training to reflect the reality of your job and of your personal constraints. PLUS we have LIVE certifications coming to a city near you!
“Monica is fabulous. Not only is she a wonderful speaker but she also engages her audience throughout the presentation. She encourages participation and understanding. If you want to know about gamification, then you must talk with Monica.” - Mary Lanier-Evans – People & Culture Officer, QuickStart Technologies, Inc
8. Continuous learning is essential. Pursuing and earning formal certifications is one way to do it. You could say to your next employer or client “I attended a workshop on gamification.” Or you could say “I am a Sententia certified Gamification Master Tradesman.” The second one creates differentiation and shows that you are serious about acquiring necessary, formal, professional skills.
To learn more about how to earn 6 HRCI, SHRM, and ATD recertification credits - while you receive your Level 1 Gamification Certification - Click Here