In Part 1 of this adventure we learned a number of DO's and DON'Ts as Louis and Lindsey took us on an adventure to discover:
Why are we playing?
Who are your players?
How are you keeping score?
Why would they want to play?
What keeps them in the game?
What kind of experience does the player have as a result of playing the game? What's your story or epic adventure? What does it look like? Do the aesthetics of the game express your key message? Do they add value as far as the target audience is concerned? Technology - What are they playing on? The choice of platform and technology will have a huge impact on what kind of gamification program can be built. And last but NOT least, is it FUN? If not, why should anybody play it?
- Answer the questions: What’s your vision for this gamified project? What are your business objectives?
- Think through and answer: Why are you gamifying this project or process?
- Determine how gamification will help you to achieve your objectives.
- Remember: Gamification ≠ Technology – Although technology can greatly enhance your project – it is foremost about the players experience.
- Focus on the ‘bells, whistles, and glitter – but DO make it aesthetically pleasing for your players.
- Forget the FUN!
To view the Slideshare presentation of the World Explorer Playshop that we designed and facilitated for United Airlines, please follow this link: http://bit.ly/WorldExplorerUnitedAirlines